Are you looking for the WordPress Plugin version?
MouseWheel Movements Do Not Need to Be Jumpy
We want all our websites to be amazing, that’s why we just love adding nifty effects in our sites like:
- large images,
- parallax backgrounds,
- fancy entrance animations,
- and many more.
However, these effects can sometimes be made less awesome because when your visitors scroll down using their mouse wheel, the screen just jumps down. This is especially harmful to parallax effects, since a jumpy scroll would make the parallax unnoticeable.
This script will make your site cool again by making the scroll movement of the mouse wheel smooth..
Just include the script, and smooth scrolling will be applied right away.
Why Use This Script?
Let me tell you a very short story. We wanted to make our website’s scrolling smooth, so we browsed the net for solutions. Unfortunately, we couldn’t find an all-in-one solution that worked the way wanted it to work.
Some were complicated and required us to read a ton of documentation, some only did smooth scrolling for same-page links, some only worked sort of okay (scrolling up and down fast made the page stutter), and some interfered with multi-touch enabled touchpads.
In the end, we created our own solution. It’s simple, easy to use, and it just works – the Smooth MouseWheel script.
Full Feature Set
- Minimal setup;
- Smooth Scrolls other scrollable elements like textareas and divs also
- Lightweight, only 1kb minified;
- Smart, smooth scrolling will disable itself automatically for mobile devices;
- Fires the
- Works with trackpads;
- Normalized scroll amount across all browsers; and
- Works in all modern browsers
Having Trouble with the Script?
Head over to the support tab and check out the FAQs, or submit a support ticket!
Enjoying the Script?
Be sure to leave a rating and review and show us some love.
Check out Our Other Stuff
Version 3.2 – April 25, 2015
* Now smooth scrolls scrollable elements like textareas and divs. * Fixed for new releases of Safari. * Coding standards fixes.
Version 3.1 – August 6, 2015
* Speed parameter now works as expected
Version 3.0.1 – July 2, 2015
* Now disables smooth scrolling on trackpads
Version 3.0 – July 1, 2015
Version 2.1 – June 5, 2015
* Even scrolling for touchpads * Added requestAnimationFrame for a faster feel * Tweaked timings to make things feel smoother
Version 2.0.1 – May 27, 2015
* Enhanced scrolling feel
Version 2.0 – May 26, 2015
* Revamped the whole scrolling system. * Now uses mousewheel.js * Now requires jQuery * Now normalizes scroll amounts across different browsers * Now better handles trackpad scrolling * More stable performance, less skipping and lagging * Removed key up and down scroll for practicality
Version 1.1.1 – November 28, 2014
* Emergency bug fix where sometimes page scrolling stops * Emergency bug fix where Mac & Windows browsers had different scroll amounts
Version 1.1 – November 28, 2014
* Script now handles scrollable elements properly * Fixed issue with inconsistent scroll speeds in different browsers * Added changeable parameters: * mouse wheel scroll speed * key scroll speed * speed decomposition rate * use request animation frame or setInterval
* Initial release